For consumers, LiveSV.com is the place to go to discover, experience and share what’s new and unique in the Silicon Valley arts, culture and entertainment scene.
For the arts community, LiveSV.com provides a robust, current and easy-to-use online platform for the arts, culture and entertainment community to effectively engage, participate and communicate with their audiences.
- What is LiveSV’s history? How did this come about?
- How is LiveSV.com an evolution of Artsopolis.com?
- What are some key features offered today?
- What sets LiveSV.com apart from the competition?
- Where do we see LiveSV.com a year from now?
What is LiveSV’s history? How did this come about?
LiveSV.com came from a research and study initiative led by 1stACT Silicon Valley regarding the Silicon Valley arts and culture ecosystem. This initiative led to the development of a marketing and media campaign, Discover the Unexpected which expands on what makes arts and culture unique and special in Silicon Valley. The Discover the Unexpected campaign is a key marketing strategy to help brand and promote arts and entertainment organizations in Silicon Valley. What was still needed was an enabling technology/platform to connect organizations with new audiences. LiveSV.com became the tool to do this. Realizing that Silicon Valley already had a known online event calendaring platform – Artsopolis – 1stAct teamed with the Arts Council to expand and improve on this platform. In August 2011, 1stAct and the Arts Council reached a formal partnership to enable the Arts Council to further develop and drive this initiative long-term.
- It was developed and conceptualized with the consumer in mind and supports engaging with the consumer before, during and after events.
- Live SV.com allows users to personalize content based on their interests.
- LiveSV.com is truly interactive because it allows users to generate their own content including photos, videos, feedback and opinions.
- LiveSV.com will allow organizations to understand the habits and trends of consumers – a key value-add.
What are some key features offered today?
For the consumer, key features include the ability to personalize and customize content and experiences. It also provides full-featured social media integration that wasn’t previously available on the Artsopolis site. For arts and entertainment organizations LiveSV.com offers a new account dashboard called “Audience Connect” that provides them with a new set of tools to self-manage their content and better promote their brand identity on the site. The tools are designed to provide arts groups with more ways to promote themselves via the platform and to collect greater intelligence on how site users are interacting with their content. These tools include:
- Organization profile management
- Event and classified listing management
- Social media plug-ins (i.e. Facebook and Twitter feeds)
- Support for rich media (photos, audio, video)
- Merchandise listing management
- Activity and communications “Inbox”
What sets LiveSV.com apart from the competition?
LiveSV.com is a community focused platform promoting a wide array of local organizations and experiences that are relevant to both residents and visitors. Other more commercial websites are generally more focused on advertising revenue and less focused on creating bridges between audiences and local cultural organizations. LiveSV.com strives to bridge that gap and also contribute to the economic health of the region by promoting ticket, merchandise and audio download sales. Also, there are no fees to create a profile within the system.
In addition, there is a media campaign promoting the Discover the Unexpected campaign designed to help drive traffic to the site and provide greater visibility to arts and culture organizations in Silicon Valley.
Where do we see LiveSV.com a year from now?
The Arts Council hopes to provide a more robust mobile presence and additional features including gamification. Wide adoption of the Discover the Unexpected campaign will drive more consumers to LiveSV.com and provide a greater understanding of the habits and trends of the Silicon Valley community as it engages with arts and entertainment.
MEDIA CONTACT | Ben Daniels, Communications Manager
(408) 998-2787, ext. 219 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Help power a vibrant arts and culture network in Silicon Valley.
Sign Up for our Newsletter & AlertsFor Email Marketing you can trust